But we all know about that – so here’s what you can expect in Echo Park if you’re new to the whole Opening Day hoopla at Dodger Stadium, taking place on Tuesday, April 10 at 1:10 pm in a game versus Pittsburgh:
- Pre-gaming: Tailgating has started as early as 7:00 am, loud music for us neighbors to hear included. But the LAPD will be in full force, arriving as early as 4:00 am to the command post, to crack down on any debauchery.
- The Scott Avenue gate will remain open this season for outgoing traffic only (it was just re-oponed a few years ago after being closed for a decade).
- Gates open at 10:00 am – which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Last year the
- Pregame ceremony starts at 12:30 pm, and will include a military flyover 10 minutes before the start of the game
- As in past years, the Dodger Stadium Express Metro service will run. Service will run from Union Station every 10 minutes, starting 90 minutes before the start of the game, after which it will run every 30 minutes. Ticket-holders ride free, or it’ll cost you a mere $1.50 (better than the $15 parking fee!).
- Traffic, traffic, traffic: Department of Transportation personnel will be deployed to certain intersections to help mitigate traffic issues. Since the game is pretty much sold out, the 50,000 fans that descend on Elysian Park will certainly cause some heavy traffic before and after the game, so plan appropriately!
Be sure to call the Neighborhood Focus line at 323.224.2636 if you any issues.
Posted by Kelly at EchoParkNow