Monday, October 11, 2010

Italian in L.A.

After living in L.A. for the past 25 years, I've come to realize, there's not a lot of great Italian Food here.
But last night for my Birthday we went to a place that knocks it out of the park! Michelangelo's in Silver Lake.
Molto Buono is all I have to say.
The location used to be a neighborhood bar, but you can tell it was totally revamped. It's pretty and rustic and romantic all in one. Red tile floors, and lots of wood and chandeliers. Lovely.
I judge Italian by the way they make their red sauce, so for starters we split the Penne Bolognese. Wow, the flavor was fantastic. I have to say the best I've had since I moved here.
For the main dish, it was Brodetto Di Pesce, which is Shrimp, calamari, mussels, clams cooked with a marinara sauce served with toasted garlic bread. The marinara picked up the flavor of the seafood exquisitely, and was a wonderful delight.
Along with the other dishes, they do a thin crust Pizza that looked excellent. Cannot wait to go back and try it.
They serve beer and wine, and have a nice wine selection including their own Sangria made with Italian wine.
We discovered that Tuesday's are half price wine night, which is nice. Monday and Wednesday they have free corkage and on Thursday's it's Opera Night.
If you like Italian Food, as I do, this is certainly a place you will want to go to.
Oh, and they've been in business since 1997.
The restaurant is located at 2742 Rowena Avenue in Silver Lake (L.A. 90039)
http://www.michelangelo-silverlake.com/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment