Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Eat your veggies!

Everyone that knows me, knows I'm definitely not a vegetarian. As a child, there were some vegetables I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot fork! As I've grown older I don't think there is any vegetable I wouldn't eat, but when it comes to going out to eat my last choice would've been a vegetarian restaurant.
Well, that has changed.
In Echo Park over 2 years ago a Vegetarian Restaurant called The Elf Cafe opened. There is no sign on the front, but it isn't hard to find. We tried to get in, but the place was tiny and the wait was longer than we actually wanted to wait to eat.
Last night, by chance, after wining at City Sip, which is across the street, we looked in and there were a couple of empty tables.
The Menu lists if an item is Vegan or Gluten-Free for those that only eat certain things.
The influences are Moroccan, Mediterranean, Greek, French and Indian. The flavors are all wonderful, and I actually didn't miss having a slab of meat with the dish.
The food does take a while to come up, so that was the only down side, plus it's cash only, for those of you who may go and only bring a card.
We started with the appetizer Lentil Beans. I'm a fan of lentils and these were wonderful. Then we each did a vegetable tart. Superb vegetables (your choice) in a pastry shell. Excellent!


I highly recommend this for those of you that either don't eat meat, or want to try something that is different and delicious.


The 3 owners were in a band, Viva K, and decided to open a restaurant. What a change!


They are open Wednesday to Sunday, 6 to 11 p.m.

They now take reservations, and will soon expand into the space next door, which will expand seating.

Yum!


Elf Cafe
2135 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
213.484.6829

No comments:

Post a Comment